House of Vapes – London: Vape shop and Coffee Shop
How to Use CBD Isolate Crystals?
January 23, 2019
CBD Crystals are CBD in its purest form, most containing 0% THC. For mixing crystals, it all depends on what you want the mg per ml to be. CBD crystals can be used in many ways whether it’s mixing with your favourite e-liquid or adding some with your favourite food, you can even sprinkle it in your beverage such as tea or coffee.
Here at House of Vapes we offer the 500mg CBD crystals by Harmony, if using this brand of crystals, you would calculate it by dissolving the 500mg in a 10ml, 20ml or even 50ml which give you the ratios of 50mg/ml or 5% CBD (10ml), 25mg/ml or 2.5% CBD (20ml), 5mg/ml or 0.5% CBD (50ml).
We have created a step-by-step guide for when you try to mix CBD crystal with your favourite e-liquid;
- Make sure you are not allergic to PG as this can cause skin irritations.
- Make sure you know the VG/PG combination of the e-liquid you are going to use.
- PG tends to mix a lot better with crystal isolate, dissolve the amount of CBD desired into a PG liquid by either gentle heating or shaking, mix with your favourite High VG liquid.
P.S. The more CBD used, the more chance of it recrystallising (isolate separating from liquid) which can clog your coil…
The calculation is pretty simple, amount of mg in CBD divided by the amount of liquid mixed with equals to CBD mg per ml.
Here are a few examples of the ratios you would get when mixing crystals:
The easiest method of ingesting crystals is by dabbing them under the tongue or mixing with food and beverages. This can be measured by using kitchen scales or eyeballing. This method is a lot less accurate when trying to moderate the amount taken. Isolate powder dissolves and mixes a lot easier with drinks.
Here are a few tips when mixing:
- Best to consume crystals/powder with other foods or after eating.
- Do not consume on an empty stomach, it will be harder for your body to absorb the CBD.
- When ingesting CBD, effects will take around 30-90 minutes to kick in.
- Less CBD will be absorbed when ingesting if compared to vaping CBD
Depending on what you prefer, you can either consume the CBD by either ingesting or vaping. One difference is that vaping goes straight to the bloodstream, this means that when vaping CBD, the user will feel the CBD a lot faster than ingesting (30-90 minutes). In addition to this, if you ingest 500mg of CBD, you are not likely to absorb as much as inhaling.
Feel free to browse through our new dedicated CBD website where online purchases can be made.
We are always nearby, whether it’s by phone, live chat via our website or in store, we are on hand to offer support and advice.
House of Vapes – London Team
CBD Crystals are CBD in its purest form, most containing 0% THC. For mixing crystals, it all depends on what you want the mg per ml to be. CBD crystals can be used in many ways whether it's mixing with your favourite e-liquid or adding some with your favourite food, you can even sprinkle it in your beverage such as tea
How to Make Your Own CBD E-Liquid with CBD Crystals
Table of Contents
What are CBD Crystals?
CBD crystals are simply a form in which CBD can be presented. It gets its name from its resemblance to actual crystals, yet the consistency itself is nothing like crystals, and you needn’t worry about them being hard.
There are 3 different types or forms of CBD crystals, and these are CBD Crystal Isolates, CBD Crumble, and CBD Shatter. These are all different due to the method of extraction, and the different types of solvents used to get the CBD from the hemp or cannabis plants.
CBD crystal isolates are white and powdery in consistency, and these are usually around 98 – 99% pure CBD, with the exception of traceable amounts of other components in the cannabis or hemp plants.
CBD shatter is thin and has an appearance like that of glass, for it usually comes in sharp pieces, and will shatter when dropped or hit. CBD wax shatter is usually not clear in colour, for it is not a pure isolate, but it is very clean and is preferred for many different types of DIY CBD products thanks to its malleability.
CBD wax crumble is waxy and smooth in appearance, and as its name suggests, looks like large crumbs or crumbles off a larger piece. This type of CBD crystal gets its appearance from both the way it is extracted and the components it has within it. Normally, wax crumble is more of a full spectrum CBD, meaning that it has many of the natural oils and terpenes which the cannabis or hemp plant produces.
How to Make Your Own E-Liquid with CBD Crystals?
E-liquids are actually very simple and easy to make. Especially when you want to make one just to your liking, or to cover certain preferences or needs of yours.
The best way to start out is by purchasing high-quality food grade Propylene Glycol (PG), and Vegetable Glycerin (VG), both are found easily on Amazon. Then, you need to purchase high-quality CBD Crystals of your choice. Make sure you are getting CBD Crystals that are an Isolate to get the most out of your products and to be able to make a more seamless and smooth e-liquid.
After you purchase your 3 main ingredients, you will also need an airtight container or bottle in which you can mix your e-liquid and store in. This needs to be airtight because you will be warming your mixture up in a pot of warm water, and you don’t want any water whatsoever getting into the mix. Make sure it is heat-safe and airtight.
If you want to make a flavoured E-liquid you will need to purchase a high-quality E-liquid Flavour Concentrate in the flavour of your choice. You can get these on Amazon or from any Vape Shop.
Now, to begin making your own CBD e-liquid you must first know that the most E-liquids have a PG to VG ratio between a 60:40 and 70:30. Meaning it is made up of 60% PG (Propylene Glycol) and 40% VG (Vegetable Glycerin).
Love Hemp suggests 200mg of crystals to 10ml of E-liquid for best results, so based on their professional opinion we suggest the same. This would make an E-liquid with a strength of about 2%.
Right below here you will see the step by step method we find the best:
- Measure out 6ml PG and 4ml VG and pour the mixture into your airtight container (This is to make 10ml of E-liquid).
- Measure out 200mg of CBD Crystals (this is best done with a scale) and mix into the airtight container.
- Pour about 3 – 5 inches of water into a pot and set on medium-high heat. This water should reach approximately 60 degrees Celsius. This is basically very hot, but not boiling. Be sure to not go too far over this temperature.
- Once the water is the correct temperature, put your sealed contained of e-liquid into the water, and set your timer for 10 minutes. Note: this is just so that all the ingredients in your e-liquid can fully melt and merge into one another.
- After the 10 minutes is up, you can take out your e-liquid, let it cool, and even mix in a few drops of flavouring if you choose to do so. You can also add it in before the mixture goes into the hot water, for it does not change much in terms of the outcome.
Now you know all about how to make your own CBD infused e-liquid. We hope you like the way yours turns out. Making vape juice really is a simple task, and only takes around 15 minutes or so. Many people are starting to make their own because they like the control they have. This is a great way to make a non-addictive E-liquid free of nicotine.
Let us know if you’ve made E-liquids before and how they’ve turned out!
The Ultimate Guide to making your own CBD E-liquid! Discover how to turn your CBD crystals into CBD vape juice and save you money!